digitalrain
06-24 08:13 PM
Hi, I'm in a desperate situation.I am an asylee and have filed for my LPR.My asylee relative petition has been approved for my wife.
My problem is: a have a newborn baby who resides with my wife outside US and the US Embassy did not issue him any kind of visa,since my wife went for the interview after the petition was approved.She is all set and done,but my baby got born after I've been granted asylum and couldn't file the asylee relative petition for him.The law says that babies born after the asylum decision are not eligible for derivative asylum.I read that Humanitarian Parole would be a solution for these cases,but the officer at the embassy claimed that I should file a relative petition for him ,or file for humanitarian parole here in the US.
My question is can my wife file for Humanitarian Parole at the US embassy,or is there any other way
I read that US Embassies abroad are authorized to issue humanitarian paroles.I think this is the mos inhuman decision I ever heard of and it's about my baby.
I would really appreciate any help
(This is what I found on the internet)
QUESTIONS SUBMITTED FOR NSC CONFERENCE CALL
REFUGEE/ASYLEE ISSUES
FEB. 28 2008
5) I-730 CASE or HUMANITARIAN PAROLE? What can be done for the
beneficiary spouse of an I-730 Asylee Relative petition if she gets
pregnant and has a child (from the petitioner, of course) after the
petitioner was granted asylum �therefore this new child is not considered
a derivative- but before she completes the Visa 92 process at the US
Embassy. Does the US Embassy have the authority to parole the
newborn child for him to join the rest of the family in the US?
Answer: If the child was in utero at the time of the asylum grant the
regulations provide benefit to that child as a derivative under 208.21(b). If
the child was not in utero and the relationship with the child was after the
asylum grant, then a I-730 petition can not be filed on behalf of this child.
The U.S. Embassy does have the authority to grant a humanitarian parole
and that would need to be addressed with the U.S. Embassy.
My problem is: a have a newborn baby who resides with my wife outside US and the US Embassy did not issue him any kind of visa,since my wife went for the interview after the petition was approved.She is all set and done,but my baby got born after I've been granted asylum and couldn't file the asylee relative petition for him.The law says that babies born after the asylum decision are not eligible for derivative asylum.I read that Humanitarian Parole would be a solution for these cases,but the officer at the embassy claimed that I should file a relative petition for him ,or file for humanitarian parole here in the US.
My question is can my wife file for Humanitarian Parole at the US embassy,or is there any other way
I read that US Embassies abroad are authorized to issue humanitarian paroles.I think this is the mos inhuman decision I ever heard of and it's about my baby.
I would really appreciate any help
(This is what I found on the internet)
QUESTIONS SUBMITTED FOR NSC CONFERENCE CALL
REFUGEE/ASYLEE ISSUES
FEB. 28 2008
5) I-730 CASE or HUMANITARIAN PAROLE? What can be done for the
beneficiary spouse of an I-730 Asylee Relative petition if she gets
pregnant and has a child (from the petitioner, of course) after the
petitioner was granted asylum �therefore this new child is not considered
a derivative- but before she completes the Visa 92 process at the US
Embassy. Does the US Embassy have the authority to parole the
newborn child for him to join the rest of the family in the US?
Answer: If the child was in utero at the time of the asylum grant the
regulations provide benefit to that child as a derivative under 208.21(b). If
the child was not in utero and the relationship with the child was after the
asylum grant, then a I-730 petition can not be filed on behalf of this child.
The U.S. Embassy does have the authority to grant a humanitarian parole
and that would need to be addressed with the U.S. Embassy.
wallpaper and Escape The Fate.
beemboy
10-31 10:33 AM
Guys, I need to reschedule visa appointment through the vfs website. I understand we have to cancel our appointment to reschedule; However, I am not sure if we have to fill out all the applications ( DS-156 & DS-157 ) again?
Did anyone go through this? Please let me know.
Did anyone go through this? Please let me know.

Dipika
03-26 11:21 AM
why will it retrogate again? we will see forward movement. be +ve and optimistic.:)
2011 escape fate wallpaper. escape
Queen Josephine
June 18th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Boy, you really get up early! I'm still in bed when the sun's rising :p With that said, pretty much all comments have been covered already. The rainbow pic, well, it's like a woman Cox.... it has curves that need to be nudged, and it becomes a different creature! (Did I actually say that!?) I really like the little clump of flowering weeds or whatever they are in the lower right and of course I downloaded them and played with them. The second one, I tried it as Anders suggested, cropping, and again, nudging the curves. Both benefit from just a smidgen of post processing, but the second one becomes a very dramatic photo. Great lighting.
more...
monicasgupta
11-16 11:17 AM
I talked to Murthy about the same code but they replied that it is ok if the codes are different but the job duties matter which determine the code.
"In practice, the INS has agreed that the AC21 law does not limit it to an identical DOT or O*Net code and has approved many cases throughout the local INS offices and the INS Service Centers in which the new position does not match the earlier job with respect to DOT Code or O*Net classification."
Read this at http://murthy.com/news/UDac21qa.html
monica
"In practice, the INS has agreed that the AC21 law does not limit it to an identical DOT or O*Net code and has approved many cases throughout the local INS offices and the INS Service Centers in which the new position does not match the earlier job with respect to DOT Code or O*Net classification."
Read this at http://murthy.com/news/UDac21qa.html
monica

GC Struggle
04-16 02:46 PM
Ask your attorney to file an MTR. (ensure it done within 30 days of denial). When you file an MTR it sent back to the service center that had actually denied the petetion (in your case NSC) asking the IO to revisit his decsion (with any additional information that your attorney would add). If the IO is unable to make a decision, then he will refer your case to Administrative Appeals Unit.
more...
guru76
12-01 02:34 PM
Hi Guru,
So did you have any other US visa in your passport, or were you carrying just AP document?
Yeah I did have an expired H1 stamp in my passport. I also had an approved I797 (till 2010), but I did not show that.
So did you have any other US visa in your passport, or were you carrying just AP document?
Yeah I did have an expired H1 stamp in my passport. I also had an approved I797 (till 2010), but I did not show that.
2010 wallpaper Escape The Fate-The
mrdelhiite
07-20 10:09 AM
I am a July fiasco survivor. My 485 has been filed through AOS, so no worries there. I was supposed to get married in a few months, but my fiancee has rushed down to the US on her tourist visa. The plan was to get a civil marriage certificate done and have her atach her AOS with mine. Lawyer has now informed me that she needs to stay here till she gets AP otherwise the application is considered 'abandoned'. She has a life in her home country that she needs to get back to, She can't just drop everything and park herself here for the 4-6 months that AP is likelt to take for July applicants. Does anyone have any advice, or a similar situation? As I see it, my options are -
1. File AOS for her and let her leave, and take the chance that they will track her departure and cancel her application. If this happens, is she allowed to refile if the PD becomes current later?
2. Rush out of the US with her to get her back in on H4 visa. Challenge here is that it is near impossible to get an appointment at a US consulate before the 17th Aug window closes.
3. File her application through CP. She doesn't get interim benefits that way. Given my PD of EB3-June 2006, I'm not expecting a GC for at least 3 years, so this option really sucks.
Any suggestions from the community out there?
""""2. Rush out of the US with her to get her back in on H4 visa. Challenge here is that it is near impossible to get an appointment at a US consulate before the 17th Aug window closes.""" --> FYI delhi still has August 3 onwards visa dates
1. File AOS for her and let her leave, and take the chance that they will track her departure and cancel her application. If this happens, is she allowed to refile if the PD becomes current later?
2. Rush out of the US with her to get her back in on H4 visa. Challenge here is that it is near impossible to get an appointment at a US consulate before the 17th Aug window closes.
3. File her application through CP. She doesn't get interim benefits that way. Given my PD of EB3-June 2006, I'm not expecting a GC for at least 3 years, so this option really sucks.
Any suggestions from the community out there?
""""2. Rush out of the US with her to get her back in on H4 visa. Challenge here is that it is near impossible to get an appointment at a US consulate before the 17th Aug window closes.""" --> FYI delhi still has August 3 onwards visa dates
more...
CaliGC
06-15 04:12 PM
Our I485 approved today and officer told us we will receive our cards in 6 to 8 weeks. Thanks
Hi RLNY122004
Please accept my congratulations and enjoy the freedom. Could you please answer the following questions.
1. What do you mean by 'officer told us we will receive our cards in 6 to 8 weeks' Did you take an appointment and visit neary USCIS office?
2. Did you speak on the phone?
3. When was your name check cleared?
4. Did you submit your finger prints recently? if yes was it code 1? 2? 3?
5. Was your I-485 case trasnferred to Texas/Nebraska recently?
I have many more questions but would not bug you, Please provide as much info as possible I would appreciate your reply.
TIA
Hi RLNY122004
Please accept my congratulations and enjoy the freedom. Could you please answer the following questions.
1. What do you mean by 'officer told us we will receive our cards in 6 to 8 weeks' Did you take an appointment and visit neary USCIS office?
2. Did you speak on the phone?
3. When was your name check cleared?
4. Did you submit your finger prints recently? if yes was it code 1? 2? 3?
5. Was your I-485 case trasnferred to Texas/Nebraska recently?
I have many more questions but would not bug you, Please provide as much info as possible I would appreciate your reply.
TIA
hair girlfriend Escape Fate
life99f
05-31 09:07 AM
Order Details - May 31, 2007 09:44 GMT-04:00
Google Order #157436954936945
Google Order #157436954936945
more...
waitin_toolong
07-27 09:37 AM
she can apply for H4 when you visit India, as long as you maintain H1. she does not have to wait for H4 COs to be approved. In fact she does not have to file for one.
The requirement is that to reenter she needs to have H4 stamped to enter with receipt of I-485 in lieu of AP, not when she leaves because as soon as she leaves the country the status is gone. A status is valid only while in USA. In fact COS will not give her a stamp and since hers is H4 and you have approved H1 she doev not need approval from USCIS for that.
If the case had been different, she was applying for H1 then she would have needed an approved petition first.
The requirement is that to reenter she needs to have H4 stamped to enter with receipt of I-485 in lieu of AP, not when she leaves because as soon as she leaves the country the status is gone. A status is valid only while in USA. In fact COS will not give her a stamp and since hers is H4 and you have approved H1 she doev not need approval from USCIS for that.
If the case had been different, she was applying for H1 then she would have needed an approved petition first.
hot Escape The Fate Ad in
ingegarcia
04-17 09:08 AM
Hi All,
I am an aspiring US immigrant, and currently work with a desi-like employer who has not been paying me for last 3 months. I have resigned and started working at a new employer, using portability options. I will also contact DOL and report this to get my money back, however, DOL may not be able to recover it if the employer files for bankruptcy. I donot care much about money now, as its not too much and my new job increment covers it.
Here are my questions
1) Is there a way i can report this misdoing to USCIS directly. Is there any phone number/contact info to report frauds on I-140s and I-485s as he is holding some employees hostage (not allowing them to move out because of this situation where your money is stuck and so is your immigration).
2) What else should i do to make this injustice visible? I will work with DOl and get my money back.
3) I am thinking of reporting this directly to the I-140 processing centers. Is this is a good idea?
PK
My guess would be to report it with Labor Department instead...
I am an aspiring US immigrant, and currently work with a desi-like employer who has not been paying me for last 3 months. I have resigned and started working at a new employer, using portability options. I will also contact DOL and report this to get my money back, however, DOL may not be able to recover it if the employer files for bankruptcy. I donot care much about money now, as its not too much and my new job increment covers it.
Here are my questions
1) Is there a way i can report this misdoing to USCIS directly. Is there any phone number/contact info to report frauds on I-140s and I-485s as he is holding some employees hostage (not allowing them to move out because of this situation where your money is stuck and so is your immigration).
2) What else should i do to make this injustice visible? I will work with DOl and get my money back.
3) I am thinking of reporting this directly to the I-140 processing centers. Is this is a good idea?
PK
My guess would be to report it with Labor Department instead...
more...
house images wallpaper escape fate
jliechty
May 16th, 2005, 07:47 PM
My humble opinion: the first one is the best. The second and fourth have too much large stuff in the foreground (edit: looking again, the fourth isn't too bad, maybe about as good as the first). The second and fifth shots have too much shadow in the foreground, so the eye prefers the lighter portions of the frame (which incidentally doesn't make the photos seem as deep). The third one is a good shot, but doesn't seem to have enough depth for this assignment, partly (I assume) because the background actually wasn't that far off, though using a wider lens than ~36mm (effective) might help.
My other humble opinion: wait for the birds to get out of... oops, those aren't birds. Clean your sensor! ;)
My other humble opinion: wait for the birds to get out of... oops, those aren't birds. Clean your sensor! ;)
tattoo Escape The Fate use snakes in
deardar
07-13 08:13 AM
and marry a celebraty
more...
pictures Escape the Fate - Third Eye
supender
03-23 01:58 PM
Legally you are only barred if you are unlawfully present over 180 days.And unlawful presence and out of status are two different things. If your visa has not expired and just your I-94 had a lapse period, you have'nt accumulated a single day of unlawful presence. However you have been out of status for around 10 months. I was in same situation as yours once and my first lawyer was clueless about difference between unlawful presence and out of status. Luckily I got advice from another lawyer who cleared things up for me. I went to India got my H1B visa stamped and came with no problem.
You should seek a good a lawyer, who know what he/she is talking about.
You should seek a good a lawyer, who know what he/she is talking about.
dresses Escape The Fate Interweb
furiouspride
08-10 06:57 PM
Why would IV not support a bill like this? Wouldn't this not make all our current problems go away?
more...
makeup IMAGE | Escape The Fate
texcan
07-29 10:48 PM
I have a unique problem with possibly getting a green card too early. Please let me know how I can make this situation better. My priority date in EB2 India is in Jan 2006, which means potentially I could get my green card in 2-3 months.
I plan to get engaged in December 2008 and married in December 2009 to an Indian born Australian citizen. As far as I can see, her chargeability would be from India.
What are my options to make my life easier and to be able to successfully bring my future wife to the US the easiest possible way. So far, I have 2 options:
1. Use the special E3 work visa for Australian citizens.
2. If I dont get my GC within the next few months, do an early court marriage and invoke the following-to-join spouse when she is ready to come to the US.
well ...if the option is between "difficult spouse"/"GC " why bother with either....I thought of something else when i saw the title. pls donot mind...
On serious note, Since your spouse is australian citizen you can easily use E3 visa ( its very simple) or better yet just go ahead and marry her in court right away, register marriage and have the big gala family ....marriage event later.
My 2 cents...take it easy and make it simple. Its a happy occasion donot waste time on immigration issue in next few months, enjoy the courtship time...immigration will fall in place and even if not ...life matters.
I plan to get engaged in December 2008 and married in December 2009 to an Indian born Australian citizen. As far as I can see, her chargeability would be from India.
What are my options to make my life easier and to be able to successfully bring my future wife to the US the easiest possible way. So far, I have 2 options:
1. Use the special E3 work visa for Australian citizens.
2. If I dont get my GC within the next few months, do an early court marriage and invoke the following-to-join spouse when she is ready to come to the US.
well ...if the option is between "difficult spouse"/"GC " why bother with either....I thought of something else when i saw the title. pls donot mind...
On serious note, Since your spouse is australian citizen you can easily use E3 visa ( its very simple) or better yet just go ahead and marry her in court right away, register marriage and have the big gala family ....marriage event later.
My 2 cents...take it easy and make it simple. Its a happy occasion donot waste time on immigration issue in next few months, enjoy the courtship time...immigration will fall in place and even if not ...life matters.
girlfriend escape the fate logo
Munna Bhai
01-10 02:46 PM
I filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently on July 6th, 2007
Not sure how long it will take to get I-140 and _-485 approved. My lawyer says I should hang in there and try to be patient.
My I-140 and I-485 were transferred from Nebraska to California and back to Nebraska in September 2007. September 2007 is the last time that they were transferred, as far as I know.
When I called the USCIS number, the automatic voice operated system said that if my case is still unapproved afer 180 days from the date of the last transfer, then I should call to speak to a customer representative.
So I guess I will have to wait to March 2008 before I can get to speak to anyone about my I-140, if it has not been approved by then.
I am in the EB-3 category.
bump
Not sure how long it will take to get I-140 and _-485 approved. My lawyer says I should hang in there and try to be patient.
My I-140 and I-485 were transferred from Nebraska to California and back to Nebraska in September 2007. September 2007 is the last time that they were transferred, as far as I know.
When I called the USCIS number, the automatic voice operated system said that if my case is still unapproved afer 180 days from the date of the last transfer, then I should call to speak to a customer representative.
So I guess I will have to wait to March 2008 before I can get to speak to anyone about my I-140, if it has not been approved by then.
I am in the EB-3 category.
bump
hairstyles images Escape The Fate Poster escape fate logo. Music : Escape The Fate
desi3933
05-19 03:30 PM
.... So effectively will be working 32 hrs instead of 40 hrs and getting paid for 32 hrs only
.....
.....
In My LCA, prevailing wage: 52K, and my salary in LCA and I-129: 64.5K
My questions:
1) Is working 32 hrs still considered full-time and do I still remain in legal H1 status? (I heard that in US more than 30 hrs is considered full-time?)
2) Since my effective annual salary will be less than 64K due to working for only 32 hrs,will i be out of status? Can the company cut my salary below the rate of pay mentioned on my LCA but higher than(or equal to) the Prevailing Wage mentioned on my LCA?
3) If i try for H1B transfer after few months using paychecks of 32hrs salary only,can that be denied?
4) Are there any other options(without filing any H1B/LCA amendment) to maintain my H1 status while still working for 32 hrs only?
5) IF company files LCA/H1B amendment, then do they have to again use the wage survey for 2009 or they can use the same one used for my initial 1st LCA filing? Do they evaluate the entire H1B application again for amendment? Can the H1B amendment be denied?
.....
1. As per Feb 20, 1992 USCIS memo, the full-time work is generally considered to be 35-40 hours per week or whatever is appropriate for the occupation. For example, air traffic controllers work 30 hours a week because of the stress. Then, in that case 30 hours would be "full time".
2. The employer MUST notify the DOL and/or USCIS in advance by filing amended petition if the terms of the employment changes during the validity period of H1B1 petition.
3. It is very common to file H1B amendment for changing from full time to part time, changing job location, or changes in job duties.
Have a good day!
________________________
Not a legal advice
US citizen of Indian origin
.....
.....
In My LCA, prevailing wage: 52K, and my salary in LCA and I-129: 64.5K
My questions:
1) Is working 32 hrs still considered full-time and do I still remain in legal H1 status? (I heard that in US more than 30 hrs is considered full-time?)
2) Since my effective annual salary will be less than 64K due to working for only 32 hrs,will i be out of status? Can the company cut my salary below the rate of pay mentioned on my LCA but higher than(or equal to) the Prevailing Wage mentioned on my LCA?
3) If i try for H1B transfer after few months using paychecks of 32hrs salary only,can that be denied?
4) Are there any other options(without filing any H1B/LCA amendment) to maintain my H1 status while still working for 32 hrs only?
5) IF company files LCA/H1B amendment, then do they have to again use the wage survey for 2009 or they can use the same one used for my initial 1st LCA filing? Do they evaluate the entire H1B application again for amendment? Can the H1B amendment be denied?
.....
1. As per Feb 20, 1992 USCIS memo, the full-time work is generally considered to be 35-40 hours per week or whatever is appropriate for the occupation. For example, air traffic controllers work 30 hours a week because of the stress. Then, in that case 30 hours would be "full time".
2. The employer MUST notify the DOL and/or USCIS in advance by filing amended petition if the terms of the employment changes during the validity period of H1B1 petition.
3. It is very common to file H1B amendment for changing from full time to part time, changing job location, or changes in job duties.
Have a good day!
________________________
Not a legal advice
US citizen of Indian origin
delhirocks
06-17 12:11 PM
Why do you think the bill will be passed? It is very tough. Even Senate passes it is tough in House. Also it may not be passed in current form. Even current form is passed you will get gc faster than the people who are filing I485 now. Because most of the persons like you already filed I 485 you can file by point system and you will get soon as you have 5 years US experience.
Now nothing is negative so for but we do not know what tomorrow brings. Do not assume anything till anything is confirmed
Iam in the same boat, Iam on my 5th year H1. Senthil...I guess the point the original poster is trying to make is there are few of us who will be stuck in the middle. Our LC filing date will be after May15th'07 and the 6th year H1 gets over before Oct'08.
Now nothing is negative so for but we do not know what tomorrow brings. Do not assume anything till anything is confirmed
Iam in the same boat, Iam on my 5th year H1. Senthil...I guess the point the original poster is trying to make is there are few of us who will be stuck in the middle. Our LC filing date will be after May15th'07 and the 6th year H1 gets over before Oct'08.
don840
04-08 02:30 PM
wandmaker,
need another clarification.
on DS 156, Q 38- "Have you ever violated the terms of a U.S. visa,----?", Do I answer yes or no. There is another question, about 'has your visa ever been revoked?"
An attorney that i consulted, said the answer is 'No' to both these questions. His explaination was, I might have violated terms of h1 status and my h1 status has been revoked. But I have not violated terms of visa, and my visa (thats stamped in the passport) has not been revoked.
Is his explaination correct?
need another clarification.
on DS 156, Q 38- "Have you ever violated the terms of a U.S. visa,----?", Do I answer yes or no. There is another question, about 'has your visa ever been revoked?"
An attorney that i consulted, said the answer is 'No' to both these questions. His explaination was, I might have violated terms of h1 status and my h1 status has been revoked. But I have not violated terms of visa, and my visa (thats stamped in the passport) has not been revoked.
Is his explaination correct?
No comments:
Post a Comment