Anders �stberg
July 15th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks QJ! They are cute.
I also wish I could find a way of making the photography money flow the other way. :)
I also wish I could find a way of making the photography money flow the other way. :)
wallpaper Classic Room Walpapers Design

tikka
05-29 04:13 PM
AVS channel has an indian program every saturday starting 10am -12.00pm
I am sure many indians watch this.There is also 'free' immigration advise by some lawyers at the end of the program.
If some one has contacts at AVS may be IV could get more coverage.
Thinking out loud..
Excellent idea.
In the mean time have you sent out web faxes, emails, called senators?
We could really use the effort right now...
thank you
I am sure many indians watch this.There is also 'free' immigration advise by some lawyers at the end of the program.
If some one has contacts at AVS may be IV could get more coverage.
Thinking out loud..
Excellent idea.
In the mean time have you sent out web faxes, emails, called senators?
We could really use the effort right now...
thank you
krishna_brc
09-08 11:29 AM
Ban is limited to Govt projects only which hardly is 5% of total outsourcing.
Thanks,
Krishna
Thanks,
Krishna
2011 Grass Cloth Wallpaper Room

lost_in_migration
05-15 08:29 AM
Not many replies from Non-Indian categories :(
more...

meridiani.planum
06-01 08:01 PM
I just happened to see a copy of my labor approval. My current salary is less than the salary mentioned in labor approval. Do you know whether it is legally valid?. My salary is as per the LCA for H1.
its fine. Your salary should match the LCA salary. The LC salary is for 'future job'. the only place it might come into play is if your employer is very small, and there are ability-to-pay issues (here, if your current salary matches LC salary then its easier to say that employer has ability to pay).
its fine. Your salary should match the LCA salary. The LC salary is for 'future job'. the only place it might come into play is if your employer is very small, and there are ability-to-pay issues (here, if your current salary matches LC salary then its easier to say that employer has ability to pay).
breddy2000
07-21 09:29 AM
EB3_NEPA
As Far I as know we cannot have 2 Visas at the same time. The logic behind this is, L1 Visa is specifically meant for Company Transfer and you need to be having at least 1 year in the Company even before applying for L1 Visa.
And coming to having H1 simultaneously is not possible as you will be doing a transfer from H1 to L1 as you are still in the country and your H1 visa becomes invalid. Also the 6 year limit applies to both the period spent on H1 and L1.
If you would require to start afresh , then you need to go back the country and get fresh L1 visa stamped and that would be valid for 6 years...
I was in the same situtation and had to transfer from L1 to H1 as I did not want to go through the Visa appointment hassles.
Hope this helps...
As Far I as know we cannot have 2 Visas at the same time. The logic behind this is, L1 Visa is specifically meant for Company Transfer and you need to be having at least 1 year in the Company even before applying for L1 Visa.
And coming to having H1 simultaneously is not possible as you will be doing a transfer from H1 to L1 as you are still in the country and your H1 visa becomes invalid. Also the 6 year limit applies to both the period spent on H1 and L1.
If you would require to start afresh , then you need to go back the country and get fresh L1 visa stamped and that would be valid for 6 years...
I was in the same situtation and had to transfer from L1 to H1 as I did not want to go through the Visa appointment hassles.
Hope this helps...
more...
kaisersose
10-12 08:47 AM
Dear experts.. Need your advise..
I stayed in US for full 5 years on L1-B. After 5 years period I applied for H1-B and returned to Inida on 1-Jan-07. And I got H1-B in lottery. Below are my queries
1) My I-797 says that its valid for only one year till October 2008. What could be the reason. (Because I stayed 5 years in US? )
2) So is it advisable to go to stamping after 1-Jan-08? Or can I go for stamping now? I don't want to be in a situtation where I'll b given Visa till Jan'08?
3) Now my company wants to apply for L1-A. What happens to my current H1-B if L1 is applied?
Assuming applying L1 is not going to be invalidate my H1 papers,
4) If I go for L1 stamping, will it invalidate my H1-B papers?
5) If I come to US on L1, is it possible to change status to H1?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1) Possibly.
2) The visa wil lbe given for the validity of the petition. But for your clock to reset, do not enter the US until it is a full year after you left. .
3) Just applying will generally not do anything since you have not yet joined the H employer. You will have a choice at the port of entry to pick a visa. It is possible the other visa may be canceled at the port of entry.
4) Answered in 3
5) Yes. You can take your chances wth next year's lottery or you can travel outside and enter with your H visa. I would say do not get your H stamped yet. Save it for an emergency. That way there is no risk of it getting canceled because you used a L.
I stayed in US for full 5 years on L1-B. After 5 years period I applied for H1-B and returned to Inida on 1-Jan-07. And I got H1-B in lottery. Below are my queries
1) My I-797 says that its valid for only one year till October 2008. What could be the reason. (Because I stayed 5 years in US? )
2) So is it advisable to go to stamping after 1-Jan-08? Or can I go for stamping now? I don't want to be in a situtation where I'll b given Visa till Jan'08?
3) Now my company wants to apply for L1-A. What happens to my current H1-B if L1 is applied?
Assuming applying L1 is not going to be invalidate my H1 papers,
4) If I go for L1 stamping, will it invalidate my H1-B papers?
5) If I come to US on L1, is it possible to change status to H1?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1) Possibly.
2) The visa wil lbe given for the validity of the petition. But for your clock to reset, do not enter the US until it is a full year after you left. .
3) Just applying will generally not do anything since you have not yet joined the H employer. You will have a choice at the port of entry to pick a visa. It is possible the other visa may be canceled at the port of entry.
4) Answered in 3
5) Yes. You can take your chances wth next year's lottery or you can travel outside and enter with your H visa. I would say do not get your H stamped yet. Save it for an emergency. That way there is no risk of it getting canceled because you used a L.
2010 Wallpaper Illusion - The Paper
srh1
09-22 01:50 PM
I am really amazed how some guys do not even know how to search house on internet and posting 10 messages for very basic question and dreaming of owning house during one of the turbulent times in the history.
Buying a house is a big decision and there is nothing wrong in asking others. This forum is all about sharing views if you don�t have something nice to say or don�t have any idea about housing stop commenting.
Buying a house is a big decision and there is nothing wrong in asking others. This forum is all about sharing views if you don�t have something nice to say or don�t have any idea about housing stop commenting.
more...
fastergcwanted
07-18 09:48 AM
Mr.Oh's opinion is flawed on many counts but most of all assuming what he says is correct, this delay will be/would have been the same either way. i.e the 750000 applicants will apply all at once or at regular intervals. The bright side is that spouses will get their EADs.
Mr.Oh also assumes that USCIS processing procedure and speed will not change.
It sounds like fluff reporting that popular media does. All fluff, no value.:D
Well..there would not have been 750,000 applications to start with if the dates were moved in line with visa numbers..slowly but surely. This would have meant USCIS resources in line with the incoming applications.
I hardly doubt after this forced backturn by USCIS..they would be even considering making it any faster......
I just feel there is no fair discussion on this topic because
1) Lawyer derive their money out of new filers (mostly 2006 and 2007)
2) Institutions like IV and others get their funding from new filers (as they are in majority)
Remember same thing happened when no one was fighting for the plight of people stuck in BPC...but they all cried about retrogression......
Are these lawyers even considering that there are serveral application still pending at BPCs....and they will be behind all this unfairly filed PERM applications ahead of them...
Grossly unfair...one would say
Mr.Oh also assumes that USCIS processing procedure and speed will not change.
It sounds like fluff reporting that popular media does. All fluff, no value.:D
Well..there would not have been 750,000 applications to start with if the dates were moved in line with visa numbers..slowly but surely. This would have meant USCIS resources in line with the incoming applications.
I hardly doubt after this forced backturn by USCIS..they would be even considering making it any faster......
I just feel there is no fair discussion on this topic because
1) Lawyer derive their money out of new filers (mostly 2006 and 2007)
2) Institutions like IV and others get their funding from new filers (as they are in majority)
Remember same thing happened when no one was fighting for the plight of people stuck in BPC...but they all cried about retrogression......
Are these lawyers even considering that there are serveral application still pending at BPCs....and they will be behind all this unfairly filed PERM applications ahead of them...
Grossly unfair...one would say
hair Boys Room Wallpaper
Blog Feeds
08-20 02:40 PM
H1B Visa Lawyer Blog Has Just Posted the Following:
Question #1 � Temporary Work Visa � H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa
Can more than one (1) employer file a temporary (part-time) H1B visa application on my behalf at the same time? For a part time H1B worker, what is the minimum number of hours per week and days per week of work required to be eligible for maintaining the part-time H1B visa status?
Answer #1
Simply put, yes more than one employer can file a temporary part-time H-1B visa application for you during the same time period, as long as a certified LCA covering the jurisdiction of employment is obtained and the I-129 petition and additional supporting documentation reflects this part-time period. 40 hours per week would be considered a full time employee, therefore, anything less than 40 hours per week would be considered part-time.
Question #2 � Employment Based Immigration � Green Card
We have traveled to India about 2 months back (in June). My husband got a job transfer to India, and I resigned my job in the US to move here with my family. Since we are not there in the US, do you know if the green cards will go back to the USCIS? Or to my forwarding address in the US?
Answer #2
If you do intend to come back to the U.S. in the near future - they will not send your permanent resident cards to India, therefore, you will need to contact the USCIS and provide your new U.S. mailing address so that they will be sent there. The USCIS DOES NOT forward mail, so if you have your mail being forwarded, your cards will be returned to the USCIS and the USCIS case status will indicate that your cards have been returned as undeliverable until you can provide the USCIS with an updated U.S. mailing address for them to be re-sent.
Question #3 � Temporary Work Visa � H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa
What is the minimum time period for which an H1B visa can be issued? Can it be less than 3 years? If yes, what is the minimum number of years for which my employer can sponsor me for an H1B visa?
Answer #3
The maximum time period that an H-1B visa can be issued for is three (3) years. Therefore, if your position does not require your placement for the entire three year period, your employer can request any time period from six (6) months to three (3) years.
Question #4 � Employment Based Immigration � Green Card
I just received my Green Card, what do I do now?
Answer #4
USCIS maintains a useful web page on the topic �Now That You Are A Permanent Resident.� It can be found at http://uscis.gov this is the USCIS home page, click on After a Green Card is Granted under the Green Card (Permanent Residence) heading. Then look to the right side and under More Information you will find valuable information on, among other topics, how not to lose your status as a permanent resident. Additionally, if you look to the left side under After a Green Card is Granted you will find numerous resources on different topics relating to your status as a Permanent Resident.
Question #5 � General � Social Security Card
How and when can I get a Social Security Card?
Answer #5
Generally, you may obtain a Social Security Card once you are legally authorized to work in the United States. Such authorization may be evidenced by receipt of an employment authorization card, an Alien Registration Card (Green Card), or receipt of temporary evidence of Green Card status (as established by presentation of an I-551 stamp in your passport). You will need to file an application for a Social Security Number in person at the Social Security Office. When filing this application at the Social Security Office, you should bring the following documents with you: your original birth certificate, passport, and employment authorization document, stamped passport or Green Card. Call 1-800-772-1213 for further information including the address of your local Social Security office, or visit their website at www.ssa.gov.
Question #6 � Employment Based Immigration - Green Card
My co-worker, a U.S. citizen worker showed me a brochure he receives from the SSA. It provides the credits he receives each year for the work he does. Does this apply to me, should I be receiving the brochure? Please advise what I need to do�
Answer #6
If you have a Social Security number, you should check to make sure you received credits under Social Security for any taxable work you did before you got your Green Card. Sometimes the Social Security Administration misplaces the records if you did not have a valid card, and this is the time to unscramble the records. Request a form SSA-7004, Request for Earnings and Benefit Estimate Statement, from Social Security to check these records. In fact, you should check your earnings statement every three to four years because errors more than four years old usually cannot be corrected.
Question #7 � Employment Based Immigration � Labor Certification
What is the difference between the old process for obtaining labor certification and the new PERM process?
Answer #7
In 2005, the Department of Labor (DOL) drastically changed the way it processes labor certification cases. The primary difference between the new process (referred to as �PERM�) and the old process is how recruitment-related documentation is handled. Previously, supporting documentation such as newspaper ads and other recruitment efforts, justification of the job requirements, prevailing wage determinations, etc., were submitted when the labor certification application was filed. Under PERM, while the same documentation must be prepared or assembled, it is kept by the employer and only submitted if and when requested by the DOL. The employer is required to retain this documentation for a period of five years. Under the previous regulations, there were two types of labor certifications: Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) (also known as �fast-track,� since these types of cases were given priority handling), and traditional or non�Reduction in Recruitment (non�RIR) cases. These two classifications have been done away with. However, occupations are now classified as �professional� or �nonprofessional� and each classification has different recruitment requirements.
Question #8 � Employment Based Immigration - Green Card
The Social Security card I have states that it is not valid for employment, but I just received my Green Card in the mail�can I continue to use my Social Security card or can they re-issue me a card without the restriction on it?
Answer #8
If you already have your Social Security card, but it is annotated indicating that it is not valid for employment without a USCIS employment authorization document, you should contact Social Security with your evidence of permanent resident status to have the restrictions removed.
Question #9 � Employment Based Immigration � Green Card
My priority date is current. How long do I have to wait, we�ve already waited 5 years for our green cards. Do you suggest I call USCIS and make a service request to make sure they have everything and to speed up the issuance of my card??
Answer #9
Normally when priority dates become current according to the Visa Bulletin, it takes anywhere from 30-90 days to complete the processing of the I-485 before issuing the Green Card to the primary applicant and his/her derivatives, unless issues arise during the process.
Question #10 � Temporary Work Visa � H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa
How many H1 nonimmigrant visas are left?
Answer #10
As of August 13, 2010, there were 35,300 H-1B Regular CAP subject nonimmigrant visas remaining and 7,700 H-1B Masters Exemption nonimmigrant visas remaining. USCIS will continue to accept both cap-subject petitions and advanced degree petitions until a sufficient number of H-1B petitions have been received to reach the statutory limits, taking into account the fact that some of these petitions may be denied, revoked, or withdrawn. For continuous FY2011 H-1B Cap updates, please refer to our website.
MVP Law Group would like to thank everyone who contributed a question or comment. We hope the information provided is helpful.
Our next �Immigration Q & A Forum� is scheduled for Friday, September 3, 2010! Please remember to submit your questions/comments on our h1bvisalawyerblog.
MVP Law Group, P.A. makes available the information and materials in this forum for informational purposes only. The information is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice or any contractual obligations. Further, the use of this site, and the sending or receipt of this information, does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. And, therefore, your communication with us through this forum will not be considered as privileged or confidential.
More... (http://www.h1bvisalawyerblog.com/2010/08/mvp_law_group_qa_forum_august_2.html)
Question #1 � Temporary Work Visa � H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa
Can more than one (1) employer file a temporary (part-time) H1B visa application on my behalf at the same time? For a part time H1B worker, what is the minimum number of hours per week and days per week of work required to be eligible for maintaining the part-time H1B visa status?
Answer #1
Simply put, yes more than one employer can file a temporary part-time H-1B visa application for you during the same time period, as long as a certified LCA covering the jurisdiction of employment is obtained and the I-129 petition and additional supporting documentation reflects this part-time period. 40 hours per week would be considered a full time employee, therefore, anything less than 40 hours per week would be considered part-time.
Question #2 � Employment Based Immigration � Green Card
We have traveled to India about 2 months back (in June). My husband got a job transfer to India, and I resigned my job in the US to move here with my family. Since we are not there in the US, do you know if the green cards will go back to the USCIS? Or to my forwarding address in the US?
Answer #2
If you do intend to come back to the U.S. in the near future - they will not send your permanent resident cards to India, therefore, you will need to contact the USCIS and provide your new U.S. mailing address so that they will be sent there. The USCIS DOES NOT forward mail, so if you have your mail being forwarded, your cards will be returned to the USCIS and the USCIS case status will indicate that your cards have been returned as undeliverable until you can provide the USCIS with an updated U.S. mailing address for them to be re-sent.
Question #3 � Temporary Work Visa � H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa
What is the minimum time period for which an H1B visa can be issued? Can it be less than 3 years? If yes, what is the minimum number of years for which my employer can sponsor me for an H1B visa?
Answer #3
The maximum time period that an H-1B visa can be issued for is three (3) years. Therefore, if your position does not require your placement for the entire three year period, your employer can request any time period from six (6) months to three (3) years.
Question #4 � Employment Based Immigration � Green Card
I just received my Green Card, what do I do now?
Answer #4
USCIS maintains a useful web page on the topic �Now That You Are A Permanent Resident.� It can be found at http://uscis.gov this is the USCIS home page, click on After a Green Card is Granted under the Green Card (Permanent Residence) heading. Then look to the right side and under More Information you will find valuable information on, among other topics, how not to lose your status as a permanent resident. Additionally, if you look to the left side under After a Green Card is Granted you will find numerous resources on different topics relating to your status as a Permanent Resident.
Question #5 � General � Social Security Card
How and when can I get a Social Security Card?
Answer #5
Generally, you may obtain a Social Security Card once you are legally authorized to work in the United States. Such authorization may be evidenced by receipt of an employment authorization card, an Alien Registration Card (Green Card), or receipt of temporary evidence of Green Card status (as established by presentation of an I-551 stamp in your passport). You will need to file an application for a Social Security Number in person at the Social Security Office. When filing this application at the Social Security Office, you should bring the following documents with you: your original birth certificate, passport, and employment authorization document, stamped passport or Green Card. Call 1-800-772-1213 for further information including the address of your local Social Security office, or visit their website at www.ssa.gov.
Question #6 � Employment Based Immigration - Green Card
My co-worker, a U.S. citizen worker showed me a brochure he receives from the SSA. It provides the credits he receives each year for the work he does. Does this apply to me, should I be receiving the brochure? Please advise what I need to do�
Answer #6
If you have a Social Security number, you should check to make sure you received credits under Social Security for any taxable work you did before you got your Green Card. Sometimes the Social Security Administration misplaces the records if you did not have a valid card, and this is the time to unscramble the records. Request a form SSA-7004, Request for Earnings and Benefit Estimate Statement, from Social Security to check these records. In fact, you should check your earnings statement every three to four years because errors more than four years old usually cannot be corrected.
Question #7 � Employment Based Immigration � Labor Certification
What is the difference between the old process for obtaining labor certification and the new PERM process?
Answer #7
In 2005, the Department of Labor (DOL) drastically changed the way it processes labor certification cases. The primary difference between the new process (referred to as �PERM�) and the old process is how recruitment-related documentation is handled. Previously, supporting documentation such as newspaper ads and other recruitment efforts, justification of the job requirements, prevailing wage determinations, etc., were submitted when the labor certification application was filed. Under PERM, while the same documentation must be prepared or assembled, it is kept by the employer and only submitted if and when requested by the DOL. The employer is required to retain this documentation for a period of five years. Under the previous regulations, there were two types of labor certifications: Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) (also known as �fast-track,� since these types of cases were given priority handling), and traditional or non�Reduction in Recruitment (non�RIR) cases. These two classifications have been done away with. However, occupations are now classified as �professional� or �nonprofessional� and each classification has different recruitment requirements.
Question #8 � Employment Based Immigration - Green Card
The Social Security card I have states that it is not valid for employment, but I just received my Green Card in the mail�can I continue to use my Social Security card or can they re-issue me a card without the restriction on it?
Answer #8
If you already have your Social Security card, but it is annotated indicating that it is not valid for employment without a USCIS employment authorization document, you should contact Social Security with your evidence of permanent resident status to have the restrictions removed.
Question #9 � Employment Based Immigration � Green Card
My priority date is current. How long do I have to wait, we�ve already waited 5 years for our green cards. Do you suggest I call USCIS and make a service request to make sure they have everything and to speed up the issuance of my card??
Answer #9
Normally when priority dates become current according to the Visa Bulletin, it takes anywhere from 30-90 days to complete the processing of the I-485 before issuing the Green Card to the primary applicant and his/her derivatives, unless issues arise during the process.
Question #10 � Temporary Work Visa � H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa
How many H1 nonimmigrant visas are left?
Answer #10
As of August 13, 2010, there were 35,300 H-1B Regular CAP subject nonimmigrant visas remaining and 7,700 H-1B Masters Exemption nonimmigrant visas remaining. USCIS will continue to accept both cap-subject petitions and advanced degree petitions until a sufficient number of H-1B petitions have been received to reach the statutory limits, taking into account the fact that some of these petitions may be denied, revoked, or withdrawn. For continuous FY2011 H-1B Cap updates, please refer to our website.
MVP Law Group would like to thank everyone who contributed a question or comment. We hope the information provided is helpful.
Our next �Immigration Q & A Forum� is scheduled for Friday, September 3, 2010! Please remember to submit your questions/comments on our h1bvisalawyerblog.
MVP Law Group, P.A. makes available the information and materials in this forum for informational purposes only. The information is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice or any contractual obligations. Further, the use of this site, and the sending or receipt of this information, does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. And, therefore, your communication with us through this forum will not be considered as privileged or confidential.
More... (http://www.h1bvisalawyerblog.com/2010/08/mvp_law_group_qa_forum_august_2.html)
more...
bluez25
08-26 12:16 PM
Hey all,
Saw August Visa Bulletin on Mid July.
Checked the appointments PDF in chennai consulate and did not see appointments for August yet.
Sent an email to Chennai consulate requesting when will my appointment be as per the new august bulletin and surprisingly they sent a reply saying that I was scheduled for August 11nth.
Started preparing for the interview. Told my employer and client that I am leaving to India for the interview.
Got the notarized copy of the employment letter.
Started on July24th and reached July25th night.
Got some sleep and went to local police station and applied for the PCC but the local police station asked too many question and gave me hard time.
Went to Lister Laboratory and took the medicals.
Went to local police station for atleast 10 times between saturday and Sunday following up but no proper answers
Got the results from Listor laboratory and went to the Doctor and got the medical report done.
Got frustrated and went to commissioners office on Monday and came to know that there is a official PCC format request in that office and applied for the same immediately.
Personally met ACP and explained the situation and he promised me to get the PCC the very next day.
went directly from the commisioner office to Passport office and applied for the PCC there too since the US consulate in chennai requested the PCC to be given form both passport office and the commissioners office.
Tuesday Morning got police verification for me and my wife in our homes.
Tuesday evening went to passport office and collected the PCC stamped in the passports and collected the PCC from them.
Went to Commissioners office and collected the PCC from there too.
Wednesday executed the secondary BCC affidavit since my name was not written on the BCC.
Wednesday took all the documents and went to local VFS office and submitted all the documents and paid courier fees.
Went to US Consulate on August 11th Morning around 7.30 AM.
We were let inside and asked to wait in the waiting room for couple hours now.
We were called around 10.00 AM and an Indian lady verified all the documents and asked for all the originals.
The original documents requested are BCC, PCC, Offer letter, Affidavit, Marriage photos, marriage invitation,.....
We told the officer that we have an infant and asked if it will take more time. The officer promised to call as first.
10.45 AM they called us around 10.45 and took finger printing for me and my wife.
11.15 AM an American lady officer called us and asked some questions like how long I have been in US, whom do I work for, whats my designation, and asked couple question to my wife.
Finally congratulated us and said they are issuing the immigration visa to us and that we will get our passports in a week and handed over all the original documents back to us.
Started from the consulate.
Started to US on last Thursday.
Reached on Thursday here at LAX port of entry.
Asked to wait for an hour.
took finger printing and asked us to get our baggage and waited in the waiting area.
One hour from there one officer called and said the passports are stamped and we are all set to go.
They told that the temporary visa is valid for one year and if I dont get the GC with in that time frame I should contact the local office then.
Job done.
Guys this forum was helpful to gather information and I wish all the very best for the ppl to sail smoothly and get their GC.
Saw August Visa Bulletin on Mid July.
Checked the appointments PDF in chennai consulate and did not see appointments for August yet.
Sent an email to Chennai consulate requesting when will my appointment be as per the new august bulletin and surprisingly they sent a reply saying that I was scheduled for August 11nth.
Started preparing for the interview. Told my employer and client that I am leaving to India for the interview.
Got the notarized copy of the employment letter.
Started on July24th and reached July25th night.
Got some sleep and went to local police station and applied for the PCC but the local police station asked too many question and gave me hard time.
Went to Lister Laboratory and took the medicals.
Went to local police station for atleast 10 times between saturday and Sunday following up but no proper answers
Got the results from Listor laboratory and went to the Doctor and got the medical report done.
Got frustrated and went to commissioners office on Monday and came to know that there is a official PCC format request in that office and applied for the same immediately.
Personally met ACP and explained the situation and he promised me to get the PCC the very next day.
went directly from the commisioner office to Passport office and applied for the PCC there too since the US consulate in chennai requested the PCC to be given form both passport office and the commissioners office.
Tuesday Morning got police verification for me and my wife in our homes.
Tuesday evening went to passport office and collected the PCC stamped in the passports and collected the PCC from them.
Went to Commissioners office and collected the PCC from there too.
Wednesday executed the secondary BCC affidavit since my name was not written on the BCC.
Wednesday took all the documents and went to local VFS office and submitted all the documents and paid courier fees.
Went to US Consulate on August 11th Morning around 7.30 AM.
We were let inside and asked to wait in the waiting room for couple hours now.
We were called around 10.00 AM and an Indian lady verified all the documents and asked for all the originals.
The original documents requested are BCC, PCC, Offer letter, Affidavit, Marriage photos, marriage invitation,.....
We told the officer that we have an infant and asked if it will take more time. The officer promised to call as first.
10.45 AM they called us around 10.45 and took finger printing for me and my wife.
11.15 AM an American lady officer called us and asked some questions like how long I have been in US, whom do I work for, whats my designation, and asked couple question to my wife.
Finally congratulated us and said they are issuing the immigration visa to us and that we will get our passports in a week and handed over all the original documents back to us.
Started from the consulate.
Started to US on last Thursday.
Reached on Thursday here at LAX port of entry.
Asked to wait for an hour.
took finger printing and asked us to get our baggage and waited in the waiting area.
One hour from there one officer called and said the passports are stamped and we are all set to go.
They told that the temporary visa is valid for one year and if I dont get the GC with in that time frame I should contact the local office then.
Job done.
Guys this forum was helpful to gather information and I wish all the very best for the ppl to sail smoothly and get their GC.
hot wallpaper room. wallpaper

sparky_jones
10-10 04:14 PM
No...if your current EAD expires and the new one hasn't arrived, you must stop working. it does not matter if you've applied for renewal and its pending. EAD does not work like H1B extension, where a 240 day period of automatic eligibility to continue working is available upon filing extension.
Is it possible to keep working Even u don't have EAD renewed ,but u have Reciept notice with u.. I mean eventually approval will come.
Is it possible to keep working Even u don't have EAD renewed ,but u have Reciept notice with u.. I mean eventually approval will come.
more...
house Traditional style wallpaper
thirumalkn
07-23 06:26 PM
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this has been already discussed before. I did a little bit of search, but couldn't find any relevant thread / posts in this issue on IV forums. Hence posting this question. If it is already discussed, thanks for providing the link.
If a company is willing to promote a Green Card applicant, how long should they wait after filing for Adjustment of Status (I-485) ? Let's assume the promotion Job description would be including all the current responsibilities and in addition there will be some more managerial responsibilities.
1. As soon as AOS (I-485) is filed.
2. After getting the I-485 receipt.
3. After the Finger Printing process (Biometric).
4. After getting the EAD.
5. After the 180 days mark (since the date of file) using AC21 portability.
6. After the I-485 is approved.
7. Only after getting the Green Card on hand.
Please provide references if there are any clear legal / procedural documents explaining this online.
I'm not sure if this has been already discussed before. I did a little bit of search, but couldn't find any relevant thread / posts in this issue on IV forums. Hence posting this question. If it is already discussed, thanks for providing the link.
If a company is willing to promote a Green Card applicant, how long should they wait after filing for Adjustment of Status (I-485) ? Let's assume the promotion Job description would be including all the current responsibilities and in addition there will be some more managerial responsibilities.
1. As soon as AOS (I-485) is filed.
2. After getting the I-485 receipt.
3. After the Finger Printing process (Biometric).
4. After getting the EAD.
5. After the 180 days mark (since the date of file) using AC21 portability.
6. After the I-485 is approved.
7. Only after getting the Green Card on hand.
Please provide references if there are any clear legal / procedural documents explaining this online.
tattoo the dining room wallpaper,

aadimanav
10-26 01:43 AM
It looks like the posts under the IV Home Page Rcent Forum Posts Section no longer show up in descending order of last-update date. Is this intentional?
more...
pictures wallpaper room. wallpaper
somegchuh
06-10 06:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone here who had a canadian PR (i.e. did a landing), got GC later has travelled again to Canada again?
We got canadian PR in 2005 and did a landing while we were waiting for our GC. We got a our GC last year and are planning to visit canada using our GC. Are there going to be any issue in entering canada?
Also, we travelled to India last year and received new I-94 when we got back into US using AP. Very soon (days) we received our GC's. I am not sure what do with these I-94's when we leave US. Do we still need to surrender these as in the past?
We got canadian PR in 2005 and did a landing while we were waiting for our GC. We got a our GC last year and are planning to visit canada using our GC. Are there going to be any issue in entering canada?
Also, we travelled to India last year and received new I-94 when we got back into US using AP. Very soon (days) we received our GC's. I am not sure what do with these I-94's when we leave US. Do we still need to surrender these as in the past?
dresses Disney Princess Room Wallpaper
Circus123
01-09 02:50 PM
Extrapolating the Einstein equation E =mc2 I get the following results :
EB3 June 01
EB2 Dec 2000
EB3 June 01
EB2 Dec 2000
more...
makeup wallpaper the whole room?
EndlessWait
12-13 06:34 PM
January 2008 Visa Bulletin and Predicament of Unmarried Indian EB-2
India has a tradition of family match-making marriage that more or less determines the timing of a marriage for a single person. When the EB visa numbers were open a few months ago, the unmarried single EB-2 worried about premature approval of their I-485 applications before they would have married and often talked about the way to delay approval of I-485 applications until they would marry. The January 2008 Visa Bulletin and the State Department prediction for the EB availability in coming months have removed such worry from these Indian professionals. However, in an unanticpated twist and irony of the development, they will instead face a different problem, to wit, their future spouses may not be able to apply for a following-to-join derivative EB immigrant visa benefits for a long time. Considering the amount of time the future spouse will have to wait to file for the immigrant benefits, it may be important for these EB-2 Indian professional to take at least two actions. These unmarried Indians have maintained a H-1B status to bring their future spouses in a H-4 visa status so that they are not separated after they marry. This strategy will become more real and critically important, meaning that they should keep staying on a H-1B status and not using EAD and AP. If they returned using AP, they may at some point of time, reinstate their H-1B status before their H-1B validity runs out. The other action which they should take is to file concurrent EB-2 and EB-3 I-140 petitions using the same EB-2 labor certification. Since the EB-3 is more favorable or at least will have a cut-off date rather than "unavailable," in certain situation they may maneuver the immigration rules that permit transfer of pending I-485 applications between EB-2 and EB-3 during the period when the visa numbers remain current for him/her. Such maneuver may at least allow the spouse to file I-485/EAD/AP. When EB-2 becomes more favorable, they may have to transfer the I-485 applications back to EB-2 petition. This maneuver is not a good option for everyone as it will require a log of juggling. However, some earlier priority date EB-2 Indians may dare to venture such juggling because of their unique circumstances that require filing of I-485 application for the spouse. It is something to think about and people should seek legal counsel.
I hope this info useful for our fellow members.
Thanks,
Ram
r u an attorney , desi consultant or some nonsensical person...whats the point of this on IV...admin pls close this thread..
India has a tradition of family match-making marriage that more or less determines the timing of a marriage for a single person. When the EB visa numbers were open a few months ago, the unmarried single EB-2 worried about premature approval of their I-485 applications before they would have married and often talked about the way to delay approval of I-485 applications until they would marry. The January 2008 Visa Bulletin and the State Department prediction for the EB availability in coming months have removed such worry from these Indian professionals. However, in an unanticpated twist and irony of the development, they will instead face a different problem, to wit, their future spouses may not be able to apply for a following-to-join derivative EB immigrant visa benefits for a long time. Considering the amount of time the future spouse will have to wait to file for the immigrant benefits, it may be important for these EB-2 Indian professional to take at least two actions. These unmarried Indians have maintained a H-1B status to bring their future spouses in a H-4 visa status so that they are not separated after they marry. This strategy will become more real and critically important, meaning that they should keep staying on a H-1B status and not using EAD and AP. If they returned using AP, they may at some point of time, reinstate their H-1B status before their H-1B validity runs out. The other action which they should take is to file concurrent EB-2 and EB-3 I-140 petitions using the same EB-2 labor certification. Since the EB-3 is more favorable or at least will have a cut-off date rather than "unavailable," in certain situation they may maneuver the immigration rules that permit transfer of pending I-485 applications between EB-2 and EB-3 during the period when the visa numbers remain current for him/her. Such maneuver may at least allow the spouse to file I-485/EAD/AP. When EB-2 becomes more favorable, they may have to transfer the I-485 applications back to EB-2 petition. This maneuver is not a good option for everyone as it will require a log of juggling. However, some earlier priority date EB-2 Indians may dare to venture such juggling because of their unique circumstances that require filing of I-485 application for the spouse. It is something to think about and people should seek legal counsel.
I hope this info useful for our fellow members.
Thanks,
Ram
r u an attorney , desi consultant or some nonsensical person...whats the point of this on IV...admin pls close this thread..
girlfriend Powder Room wallpaper
chanduv23
11-15 10:19 AM
Still only 6 people have courage to speak out. What is running in your veins, water?
We may not be able make changes in the law now but we might be able to get some relief on restrictions, that does not allow law making.
Educate yourself or suffer...
I sent u a PM
We may not be able make changes in the law now but we might be able to get some relief on restrictions, that does not allow law making.
Educate yourself or suffer...
I sent u a PM
hairstyles dresses Bed Room Wallpapers
reachinus
12-24 11:07 AM
Nope - it does not legally bind you though it hurts your credibility.
As per H1 rules he must have paid you all the months since you joined him. If he is not going to give you the pay stubs then it will be a problem for you when you apply for your GC. Ask him politely to pay what even he owes you and that too with paystubs. If he creates any problem then tell him that you are going to file a complaing with DOL and also since he will not give you the correct pay stubs that you will report to IRS and will use subsititute W2.
Hope this helps.
As per H1 rules he must have paid you all the months since you joined him. If he is not going to give you the pay stubs then it will be a problem for you when you apply for your GC. Ask him politely to pay what even he owes you and that too with paystubs. If he creates any problem then tell him that you are going to file a complaing with DOL and also since he will not give you the correct pay stubs that you will report to IRS and will use subsititute W2.
Hope this helps.
Texascitypaul
02-23 06:15 PM
No necessarily protected. Anyone who overstays their I-94 is removable (deportable). However, some people can contest that in removal proceedings. One basis to contest a removal order is because the foreign national is married to a US citizen and/or has an Adjustment of Status pending.
The problem with VWP entrants is that they sign away their rights to contest a removal order, even if married to a US citizen (unless they claim asylum). Worse - they can be removed without a hearing in immigration court, simply by an order of the local District Director. In theory, a VWP entrant who overstayed could file for permanent residence and be issued a removal order and put in detention when s/he turned up for the marriage interview at the District Office.
I don't mean to terrify you, and most district offices do approve cases filed by VWP entrants, but please check with a local attorney before filing anything.
__________________
Thank you very much for clarifying that for me,ok so first thing is to find a reputable immigration attorney close to me in Texas City.
Thank you for your time it is very much appreciated,
Paul
The problem with VWP entrants is that they sign away their rights to contest a removal order, even if married to a US citizen (unless they claim asylum). Worse - they can be removed without a hearing in immigration court, simply by an order of the local District Director. In theory, a VWP entrant who overstayed could file for permanent residence and be issued a removal order and put in detention when s/he turned up for the marriage interview at the District Office.
I don't mean to terrify you, and most district offices do approve cases filed by VWP entrants, but please check with a local attorney before filing anything.
__________________
Thank you very much for clarifying that for me,ok so first thing is to find a reputable immigration attorney close to me in Texas City.
Thank you for your time it is very much appreciated,
Paul
Ψ
06-11 12:33 AM
http://img62.photobucket.com/albums/v188/_azzy_/Chess_copy.jpg
sorry took soo long here is my next serve. would really like some comments on it
sorry took soo long here is my next serve. would really like some comments on it
No comments:
Post a Comment